Questions About Registration

We thrilled that so many of you are excited about the conference and have already registered. I wanted to take a few minutes and answer some common questions we've been getting.

1. Who should I choose for my critique?

First, figure out what stage your manuscript is in. If it's finished, or nearly so, consider meeting with an editor or agent. If it's not, consider meeting with an author. Authors have a lot to contribute when it comes to craft. While agents and editors have their finger on the pulse of the market and help you assess marketability.

Secondly, figure out what niche or genre your manuscript fits into. Don't waste your time or that of a faculty member with a 'bad fit.' Yes, someone may be a deal maker, and you might be tempted to meet with thembecause of their reputation. But that's not neccessarily in your professional best-interest. Schedule a critique or pitch session with a faculty member that knows your genre.

2. Can you guarantee I will get one of the people I chose when I registered to critique me?

While we'd love to promise this, it's impossible. Rest assured, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you get one of your three choices. However, we can't guarantee it. If we can't place you with one of your top choices, we'll make every effort to schedule you with someone who is qualified to critique your genre.

3. Can I take classes different from those I registered for one I get to the conference?
Sure. The only exception are those classes that limit attendee numbers. Unless there's a class limit, you're free to shop all the classes and find the one that fits you best.

4. Will T-Shirts be available at the conference if I didn't order one when I registered?
We will print a small overage and they will be available at the Book Nook. We advise you to get there as soon as you can since we'll only be printing a few extra.

Keep the questions coming and I'll do my best to answer them.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be blogging on what defines certain genres and how you can decide where your manuscript fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment